What you can EXPERIENCE in a REIKI SESSION
- Reiki is administered through the hands of a Reiki practitioner with the client lying fully clothed on a massage table.
- The Reiki practitioner places her hands at locations around the head, shoulders, abdomen, legs and feet.
- The Practitioner's Hands are held at each location lightly touching, or slightly away from the body.
- Reiki Sessions feel like a wonderful, glowing radiance that surrounds and fills the client with feelings of relaxation, peace and well-being that promotes healing.
Benefits of REIKI
- Reiki Energy allows muscles to relax and increases blood flow which helps promote a positive healing response
- Assists with stress, headaches, insomnia, upset stomach, sprains and minor conditions
- Promotes psychological healing including release of anger, worry, sadness, and other unhealthy feelings and replaces them with self-worth, confidence and tranquility.
- Cases of "miraculous" results with the use of Reiki have been reported.
REIKI in HOSPITALS
- Reiki is becoming increasingly popular in medical settings. OC Local Hoag Hospital, as part of their Complementary Care program, offers Reiki to Cancer survivor patients. As well, there are currently over 800 hospitals in the US with integrated Reiki care programs.
- A recent research study conducted at Hartford Hospital in Connecticut showed that Reiki improved patient sleep by 86%, reduced pain by 78%, reduced nausea by 80%, and reduces anxiety during pregnancy by 94%.
- Nurses reported that the use of Reiki helped patients heal faster with less pain, reduced stress, improved appetite, and reduced the negative side effects of chemotherapy, radiation and other medical procedures.